Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another week...

My internet situation sucks. More than anything that has ever sucked, ever. the connection is unreliable, the speed fluctuates widely whenever it connects- which is a miracle all in itself- for more than a couple of minutes, and comcast (my ISP) seems to not be able to figure out what's wrong with it. This has put a stop on my promising Call of Duty 4 career on Xbox Live, as well as my endless hours on Hulu.
Surprisingly, I've found myself pretty damn entertained without them.
Instead of playind CoD4 from sunrise to sundown, I read some neglected novels (among them The Road) I brought with me to Atlanta. I've replaced Hulu with RPG book reading. My God, a lot of RPG reading!
In the past week I've read every single Call of Cthulhu book I was able to get my hands on. (Either in real life or electronically through RPGnow.)
I lost myself reading Beyond the Mountains of Madness, the Trail of Cthulhu rulebook, Pagan's Mortal Coils, Tatters of the King, and a bit of Delta Green for good measure. I mixed it all up with sme Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay during the weekend. (Which I'll blog about later this week.)
In the end, I really can't remember doing anything other than reading this past week.
Funny how I replaced my shinny new Xbox with a grimy, old Pagan Publishing book that's been in the comic book store shelf for way too long.
Much like what happened with CoD4, I've come to the realization that I need to pace myself. I need to re-focus (once again) on finding a job, which as you all know seems pretty cyclopean in this economy. I've decided to limit my RPg reading time to 1 hour a day from now on.  
With Masks of Nyarlathotep starting today, I need to keep my RPG geek impulses under control or Simpsons' comic book guy-dom awaits yours truly. 

P.S.
On deck:
What happened to Gerry Cohen (Trail of Cthulhu character)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay stuff
Trail of Cthulhu scenario 

No comments:

Post a Comment