Monday, April 20, 2009

Another blog?

The Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign got into full gear today. Pieces of a dreadful puzzle are starting to fall into place, hinting at the horror that befell the Carlyle expedition and is starting to engulf the player characters. 
The idea of another character journal crept up upon me while reviewing notes and player handouts earlier tonight. A Masks blog seems like a good idea for various reasons. First, it's another way of flexing my creative muscles a bit and improving my fluctuating writing skills. Secondly, I think other Cthulhu players and keepers may be interested in our group's interpretation of the campaign.  
A journal fits with my character quite nicely because he is a parapsychologist who has been published before the events of the campaign. His motivation (or drive in ToC speak) to stick his nose were it doesn't belong is a book he's working on. 
I would start a new blog for it because I don't want posts to get mixed with the other stuff I feel compelled to discuss here from time to time. The out of character ramblings about the campaign can still go here.My idea for the blog is to recreate Jack Van Buren's notebook online; with all the pictures, random notes, clues, and anxieties that he will pick up in his journey into the Cthulhu Mythos

No comments:

Post a Comment